Kids @ St. Paul's
Winter/Spring Theme 2019
Just to let you know about our next plan for Sunday Club!
Over the next few months our main focus will be on the Parables that Jesus told, along with seasonal themes leading us up to Easter.
The Sunday Club Team
We are always thrilled to have so many new parents at St Paul’s
Sunday Club and so wanted to take this opportunity to give you some
information, encourage you to get involved and let you know how things work.
How Sunday Club Works!
Working with children is always a joy and a challenge and we are hopefully all prepared for the unpredictable nature of this work. Here are a few things to note that can help leaders and children get the most from Sunday club and also to explain why we do what we do here at St Paul’s.
Sunday Club is linked to the pattern of services in the church through the month.
· 1st and 3rd Sundays – children go into church first with their parents, there is a short informal communion at the start of the service after which the children leave to go to the church hall. There will be a variety of games, singing, prayer and a story or short talk after which the children will return to church during the main worship time.
· 2nd and 4th Sundays – the children start the session in the church hall. These sessions are slightly longer and enable the children to take part in craft activities as well as story, singing and prayers. The children are brought back into church at communion – which takes place towards the end of the service.
· 5th Sundays – these don’t occur that often but when they do it is a great opportunity for the whole church family to worship together in an all age service.
· Parents are welcome to stay with children and we would encourage as many parents as possible to become leaders. The more we all help the less there is for us all to do! For more information speak to Roxy Deacon.
· Parents are also welcome to leave their children in Sunday Club to join the main church service. We have enough leaders to meet OFSTED requirements of child/adult ratios.
· If your child is distressed at any time one of the team will come and get you from the church.
· Please support the leaders by encouraging children to take a full part in all the activities in Sunday Club. Encouraging the children to sit on the mat at story time and at the end of the morning’s session is very important. Help from parents when tidying up at the end of sessions is really appreciated.
· If your child has any special needs that you would like the Sunday Club leaders to be aware of please talk to either Roxy Deacon or Doral Hayes the parish Children’s Advocate.
· Finally and most importantly in order to ensure the safety of all our children and in line with guidance from the Oxford Diocese all the children must be registered – so please complete a signing in sheet at the start of each session. If you can’t see one – please ask!
If you think your child will be happier in the main church service there is a carpeted children’s corner with books, colouring sheets, and packets of crayons for them to use.
Roxy and Judy
ST. PAUL'S MESSY CRAFT MORNINGS
— Tuesday’s 9.30am in St. Paul’s Church Hall - in school holidays -
Play, fun, crafts and singing for children and their parents/carers.
Cost £3 per family.
Please check our web-site for future dates!
For more details, please contact our Church Parish Office